CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

My own little flood and crazy Chileans

I washed my clothes today. No biggie. Well I put the first load in and went upstairs to finishing cleaning my room. When I went downstairs again to change the load I noticed the floor was all wet. As I was investigating, I noticed the sink where the washer drains into had gotten clogged by a plastic bag that had been in the sink. Uh oh. Not only did it get the laundry room floor wet, the water went into the maid's room. We don't have a maid right now but there is stuff everywhere in that room. Samantha had managed to create some work for herself. I had to clean out the room in which I found about 5 different kitchen machinery items, from a George Foreman all the way to an ancient-looking food processor. Then there were clothes upon clothes upon clothes. Who seriously needs that much stuff? I know my mother is a packrat but my host mom is to the extreme. I really think she needs to get checked out. There were like 7 pillows just lying on the floor gathering dust and dirt. Who really needs that many pillows lying around. She already has ten on her bed. I am by no means a neat freak, my mother and roommates can attest to that. So when someone else's clutter starts to bother me, you know it's bad. I got everything out of the room and put it all to one side of the garage where it was dry. I then proceeded to sweep out the water. It was quite interesting what I found while I was sweeping. Years of dirt and grime and I think what was the remains of a dead mouse. Now I just have to wait for it to dry properly and attempt to put the mess back in. How can these people live like this??? ahhhhhh!

I also went to class this afternoon. As I entered the common area of the building I saw my classmates standing, watching something going on out front of the building. Here were some crazy Chileans throwing rocks at an armored truck of the Arican police. The armored truck would spray them with an intense beam of water. They were breaking the walls with rocks, to get other rocks. One person actually chucked a chair. They were yelling profanities, all the while I was thinking the cops in there are pry just kickin back, havin a snack, thinking you idiots, "You can throw as many rocks as you want. But at the end of the day, we've still got the armored truck." The students want the strike to continue. Unless something major happens, I don't see that flying at all.

0 comments: